If you dont know I'm studying to be a School Psychologist. This semester I am taking a class titled Assessing Intelligence. The major part of this class is giving intelligence tests. So far I have given the WISC, DAS, WJ, and the WRAML. After reading, studying, and administering these "intelligence" tests I have become critical to what we consider intelligence. Bottom line I think these tests are highly biased towards the lower class. Yes, they have great reliability and validity but in my opinion if you haven't been exposed to much vocabulary or other experiences you will seem very unintelligent. They call it Fluid Intelligence, its what we acquire by experience. But what if we never have experiences? Does that make us unintelligent. I am in this position because I feel I never had enough experiences to answer some of the questions. I think something needs to change about the way we define intelligence. Do you think someone from North Fresno can tell you how pick grapes? If not does that make unintelligent because lack of experience.
Intelligence, Intelligence, Intelligence. Such a controversial word. I mean I have no definition for it so how the hell am I suppose to measure it. Gah, this is the part of my field I dont agree with. Why cant we determine if a student has trouble by measuring their class performance? If they are having in trouble in class then we should try to help. I guess I do not understand this fully to make a valid opinion. In 3 years I guess it might change but for now...I dont like most intelligence tests. They seem biased and not valid.
Now some WTF shoes.
Really, WTF?
A month and a half left of school, holy fuck.
No comments:
Post a Comment